Recipe | Banana, Almond and Date Smoothie





Spring is here and so is smoothie season - hooray! This is your ultimate basic banana smoothie - well I think so.. This is one of my favourite smoothies and it is very easy and quick. You can substitute nuts for nuts or fruit for fruit depending on what you have and what you like. The honey is optional, it just adds a bit more sweetness but between the banana and the dates the smoothie does have natural sweetness. This recipe can be played around with a bit so don't worry too much about the quantities - a lot of will just depend on what you like.

I either drink this smoothie by itself or pop it into a bowl and top with berries, shredded coconut and my granola.

Banana, almond and date smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup dates
1/4 cup natural almonds
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tbs honey (optional)
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1/2 - 3/4 cup almond milk

Blend all ingredients together until combined. I like my smoothies to be a bit chunky so I don't blend it completely.
You may want to add in more almond milk or water depending on how thick you like your smoothies.

Enjoy x 

Popular Posts