Recipe | Spiced Almond Butter with Honey and Sea Salt







Nut butter is one of my favourite things to eat and this recipe is so simple and incredibly delicious (and addictive). I have been eating mine on sourdough or fruit toast with fruit or drizzled over my porridge and quite possibly by the spoonful every now and again...

I was lucky enough to be involved in an event recently down here at the South Coast where I managed to bring home a few packets of Murray River Salt and a jar of Leatherback honey from Wellington Apiary - both are great products and this recipe was the perfect thing to make with them.

My butter ended up being quite firm and would be nice a little runnier but I am sure some almonds have more oil in them than others so will play around with another batch soon. But it is still heavenly and has a lovely rich, nutty flavour.

This is a great thing to have in your cupboard and I think would make a lovely gift for someone.

Spiced almond butter

2 cups roasted almonds
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 sea salt
2 tbsp honey

Blend almonds for about 10 minutes until smooth.
Add in cinnamon and salt and blend until combined.
Once all items have come together, mix in honey with a spoon. 
Store for months in glass jar or container.

Enjoy x 

| Recipe from the incredibly inspiring Gather & Feast blog |

Popular Posts